Who needs some big rockets?

More
4 years 6 months ago #9611 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Who needs some big rockets?
I was checking the LOC Precision web site and it looks like the rocket I bought from the BSMF is a LOC Starburst. What do you think? locprecision.com/product/pk-28starburst/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9618 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Who needs some big rockets?
I'd say we have a winner...

More
4 years 6 months ago #9619 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Who needs some big rockets?
The Starburst is a fun rocket. I've had one for ages, but it hasn't flown in a while. The payload section has a bit of a crimp in it, so it would usually fly without it. It flies great on BP D's and E's. It really hauled butt on a pair of AeroTech G42's at NARAM-34 in Las Vegas. (Hard to believe that it's that old!) I never really had much luck otherwise getting two composite motors to light, which is why the payload section is crimped.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9620 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Who needs some big rockets?
I added rail buttons, positive engine retention and additional epoxy for the shock cord mount. It really is a neat looking rocket. Given that it weighs around 20 ounces it's hard to believe it can fly well on BP D engines but people have done it with no problem. I can only imagine how high it flew on two G42's. I plan on using two E12-4's.

I have never flown a cluster before so I hope I do it correctly. I was never interested in clusters but this rocket was too nice looking to resist. Who knows, maybe I can be the next Boris Katan some day. LOL.

• ClaudeMaina
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #9625 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Who needs some big rockets?
One Last reminder about the AMW yard sale. The remaining items will be set up somewhere near the CMASS trailer. If you see something you like make me an offer and it's yours. Payment is by check made to CMASS or cash. Tomorrow will be the last day.

Thanks.