× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

How to get JL1 motors in the Covid Situation.

• RetroRocketGuy
  • RetroRocketGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #10126 by RetroRocketGuy
How to get JL1 motors in the Covid Situation. was created by RetroRocketGuy
Hey there! So recently I got my JL1 Cert, and I was wondering if I ever decide to fly HPR at CMASS, and due to the Covid Situation things are more tighter than ever, so my question is what would process to fly look like?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by RetroRocketGuy. Reason: Grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #10127 by KennB
Congrats on your JL1 and welcome to the club. The basic NAR rules for JL1 apply;

Level 1 Junior High Power Participation (160.01 to 640.00 Newton-seconds impulse)

1. A JrHPP Member may fly single or multiple motor rocket flights with motors having a maximum total impulse of 640.00 Newton seconds.

2. The JrHPP Members certification flight and all future flights must be single deployment only. This is due to regulatory requirements of ejection charges used in dual deployment systems. On board electronic devices are permitted as long as they are not used for deployment via pyrotechnic ejection charges (i.e., non-pyrotechnic chute releases are allowed).

3. As models with hybrid motors require regulated ejection methods, they are not permitted to be used by the JrHPP Member at this time.

4. The JrHPP Member must continue to have a certified adult sponsor for all subsequent flights and the sponsor is required to follow the same rules listed for certification flight (i.e., the sponsor must continue to handle the motor). This requirement will expire once the JrHPP Member reaches the legal age of 18, as long as provisions are met regarding other applicable federal, state, and local regulations.

We don't have a motor vendor on the field these days so you'll have to arrange for a motor beforehand. You should match the motor to your rocket to land on the field for the weather conditions we have that day. If the wind is blowing from the East, there will be no HPR flights and other flights must stay under 1000-ft. The rules we have in our Covid-19 link on our homepage will apply in Amesbury. The main impact to our club launches are face covers, social distancing and the number of total participants (specified by the governor).Make sure your proper email is in your membership profile on the website and that cmass.org emails don't go to your junk or spam folders. Keep an eye on the website for any status changes to the launch.

• RetroRocketGuy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #10128 by RetroRocketGuy
Replied by RetroRocketGuy on topic How to get JL1 motors in the Covid Situation.
Thanks for the Info!! The only thing is that I'm unsure how to ( if i decide to) arrange for a motor.......yet.

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #10129 by KennB

Thanks for the Info!! The only thing is that I'm unsure how to ( if i decide to) arrange for a motor.......yet.

Find someone to be your mentor and see if they can order your motor/reload.Some club members may chime in here with offers to sell you (your mentor) something from their stock.

Be prepared to scrub your flight if the conditions don't match your set up.

More
3 years 7 months ago #10130 by BDB
My daughter, Esther, just became an official Aerotech/Quest vendor, and we are hoping to sell at RIMRA and CMASS launches. She is going to receive a shipment of motors this week, including six H-motors (two each): H115, H169 and H283. I don't think you can launch the H115 at CMASS (it's sparky), but she'd be happy to help you with the others. If you want to special order a different motor, email her at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
The following user(s) said Thank You: RetroRocketGuy

• RetroRocketGuy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #10133 by RetroRocketGuy
Replied by RetroRocketGuy on topic How to get JL1 motors in the Covid Situation.
Thanks for the Info!!