× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

New here! Looking forward to 9/5

More
3 years 7 months ago #10079 by jfelser
New here! Looking forward to 9/5 was created by jfelser
Hi folks,

I just moved to the area after a long stint on the West coast. I'm hoping to make it to the 9/5 launch and get some flights in! I have my L1 and while I do love the high power stuff I'm also just super excited to find a place to fly low/mid power... COVID has been a major obstacle.

Is there a signup or anything for the launch, or just show up? I paid the membership and flight fee through the website here already. I was also wondering if a friend of mine who I'm trying to get into the hobby could come and watch or perhaps fly if I can get him to build something first (normally, I would not ask this - but with COVID gathering restrictions better safe than sorry)!

Looking forward to it,
-Jake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #10080 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic New here! Looking forward to 9/5

Hi folks,

I just moved to the area after a long stint on the West coast. I'm hoping to make it to the 9/5 launch and get some flights in! I have my L1 and while I do love the high power stuff I'm also just super excited to find a place to fly low/mid power... COVID has been a major obstacle.

Is there a signup or anything for the launch, or just show up? I paid the membership and flight fee through the website here already. I was also wondering if a friend of mine who I'm trying to get into the hobby could come and watch or perhaps fly if I can get him to build something first (normally, I would not ask this - but with COVID gathering restrictions better safe than sorry)!

Looking forward to it,
-Jake

You should be good to go but you'll need to print this out: www.cmass.org/images/documents/CMASS_COVID-19_Launch_Form.pdf
And bring the filled out form for the Sept. 5 launch...

And welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jfelser

More
3 years 7 months ago #10081 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic New here! Looking forward to 9/5
Welcome to the area and the CMASS club.

We have zoom calls twice a month as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jfelser

More
3 years 6 months ago #10099 by therocketn00b
Replied by therocketn00b on topic New here! Looking forward to 9/5
Always good to have new members! I'm looking forward to this weekend as well. This will only be my second club launch this year (I guess it's probably everybody's), and last time I could only show up for the last hour.

So far, looks like temps will be nice and moderate. Let's hope the winds stay as calm as they've been in recent months.

See you there!

More
3 years 6 months ago #10101 by hermanjc
Replied by hermanjc on topic New here! Looking forward to 9/5
I am also new and looking forward to joining in the launch event this coming weekend. But I do have a couple questions....

1) Is there a general sign up to gauge how many people will be attending? If I understand correctly the gathering size limit has been reduced to 50. I ask because I would be attending with my wife and 2 sons, so that alone is 4 total. Just want to make sure we don't drive to Acton and end up with a capacity issue.

2) As I have never been to a club launch I am new to the practices in place. Do I bring my rocket to the RSO table with recovery installed and motors/igniters in place? Or do I wait until general inspection to flight ready my rocket?

Thank you for any answers!

More
3 years 6 months ago #10103 by jfelser
Replied by jfelser on topic New here! Looking forward to 9/5
My second launch this year also... was at MDRA in February back when driving across state lines was more convenient.

Here's to clear skies and calm winds... the next question is "who" to bring. See you all on Saturday.

Attachments: