We've set the max altitude at the Amesbury field at 3900-ft; that would only apply if the wind conditions were ideal (blowing along the long axis of the field) and if the flyer has demonstrated good capabilities. Otherwise, safety and continued use of the field are major factors in trimming that limit.
As to two stage HP rockets, I'm going to continue the decision put forth by my predecessor; no. The only exception has been Boris Katan's Hellboy with its booster. At best, it wouldn't attain a very high altitude and it had a remote deployment system for the upper stage in case it wasn't pointing up when it lit.
Vermont and New Hampshire have clubs that could handle your project. If you want to go outside New England, New York and Maryland would be places to look.
Ok, so no two stage high power, but would g79s be ok? It is estimated to go about 3000ft. I would probably use the simple timer, which if the rocket is more than 45 degrees, the second stage won’t fire; and a small duel deployment altimeter in case of this situation and the parachute requires deployment. I haven’t bought anything for this project yet I was just wondering if I should do it or not depending on the fields limitations.
I'll discuss this with the other officers at our meeting next week. I wouldn't put much hope in flying a two-stage composite rocket at the Amesbury field. If the second stage could ignite while pointed toward the power lines, we could lose the field and I can't let that happen.
We've had issues with some home designed two-stage black powder rockets that make them an iffy proposition on that field. As I alluded to in my previous post, safety and continued use of the field are two major determining factors in what will or won't fly with CMASS in Amesbury.