× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Where to you get your composite engines?

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #9163 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Where to you get your composite engines?
I visited the Hobby Emporium when I was working on the Leviathan. They had that E30 and an F26-6FJ. That was sometime in August. I purchased the F26 which I used for the Leviathan's first flight. Remember, CMASS and NAR members receive a 10% discount at the Hobby Emporium. Bring your CMASS or NAR card as proof. I always find it rewarding to support a brick and motor hobby shop. Check out Hobby Quarters in Foxboro, MA. They have a good selection of rocketry kits and supplies.

I'm guessing that the Haz Mat fees came about in 2012. I'm sure someone out there knows for sure.

Even at $27.99 the F67's are a good deal even if it is only $1.00 under MSRP. I used a couple at the NSL 2018 and they were fine. Plus no Haz Mat fee! I'm guessing that there is not much of a margin on the F67's which is why I don't think we will see them discounted very much. Apogee is selling them for $31.02 which is $2.03 ABOVE MSRP.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. We are lucky to have Animal Works. Hopefully we will see Jason at one of the remaining CMASS launches.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9164 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Where to you get your composite engines?
Looks like that price increase on buyrocketmotors.com was a mis-print... the posted list price is back down to 28.99

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #9188 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Where to you get your composite engines?
I just ordered two packs of Aerotech F67-6 engines from ASP Rocketry for $25.99. They come in packs of two. Shipping was $10.95 for a total cost of $62.93. The cost per engine comes out to $15.73. That's a good price in any league. I used a couple of F67-6 engines at the NSL 2018 and they worked fine.

More
5 years 4 months ago #9193 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Where to you get your composite engines?
At $3.00 off per motor that's second best to Sirius' price. So I pulled the trigger on that and picked up two packs myself. A few more packs and I could've gotten down to MSRP per pack I guess... but 4 motors seems sufficient at this point with the season coming to a close.