× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Lost in Action

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #8729 by rocket_rob
Replied by rocket_rob on topic Lost in Action
The Mega Der Red Max was the most heart breaking for me, because it was one of the last ones in stock and I've wanted one for a while. I was second guessing using the recommended Estes Pro Series II motor, wish I would have "third" guessed it and just put a CTI reloadable in it. RIP Mega Der Red Max. The most costly loss was my screech, my first dual deploy. The rocket and electronics were all destroy when both the motor ejection charge and my powder charge didn't eject the payload section at apogee. Losing my scratch built Artemis left a bad taste in my mouth, because I loved that rocket and had so many amazing launches with it. I bet the women in our lives wished we got this "choked up" about other things in our lives!
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rocket_rob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #8731 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Lost in Action
You are the ultimate trooper. You have a CATO or lose a rocket you don't complain. You just put up another rocket. As far as the woman are concerned at least we stay out of trouble. It may have been Kenn who once said, "we're just a bunch of middle age guys that like to launch rockets"

More
6 years 6 months ago #8732 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Lost in Action

You are the ultimate trooper. You have a CATO or lose a rocket you don't complain. You just put up another rocket. As far as the woman are concerned at least we stay out of trouble. It may have been Kenn who once said, "we're just a bunch of middle age guys that like to launch rockets"

Robert is, indeed, a shoulder-to-the-wheel, get things done kind of a guy.

That's not my quote especially as I haven't fit into that age group for some time (unless people are living well into their 100's).

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #8733 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Lost in Action
I remember years ago a few of the CMASS members and flight crew were gathered together after a launch. I walked up late to the conversation and someone, maybe it was Bill said the quote. Linda said that 50 is middle age. At 63 years old I guess I'm almost a Sr. citizen that likes to fly rockets.
Given Robert's suck it up and keep flying attitude, I dare not complain about CATOs or lost rockets.