At this point the replacement for the rocket that landed in the wires is almost complete. All that is left to do is adhere the launch lugs, the aft centering ring and the Estes 24 mm engine retainer. At this time the nose cone and transition are plastic but I have balsa parts on order from FlisKits. It will fly in Berwick on the 15th if we have a launch. If not then then the 29th in Berwick.
The replacement scratch built rocket was completed Friday night ready to fly in Berwick. Alas the launch was scrubbed due to low cloud cover. This time I documented most of the key elements of the build in case someone is interested in building a replica. I imagine it would look way better if I painted it.
Mission Accomplished. The rocket flew early in the day in Acton when there was zero wind. I used a C11-5. Good flight and recovery. I used a plastic NC and transition for the launch. On Saturday I took delivery of balsa parts from Jim Flis. I'll try it on a D12-5 in Berwick. Anyone interested in the plans let me know.
The Scratch Built Rocket known as the Nick Vitale II flew in Berwick on a D12-5. It flew straight and true. Recovery was with a 15 inch chute that came with Sal's Onyx. The rocket only weighs 4 ounces. It had a good decent rate with the 15 inch chute. The kit has an optional 18 inch BT60 with a balsa NC which can be used instead of the 18 inch BT55 upper section. I'll try flying it with the optional top section in either Amesbury or Berwick.