× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

TARC 2017 Launches

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #8570 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic TARC 2017 Launches
The last TARC launch before the deadline will take place on Sunday, 02 April, due to the snowy weather we'll have on Saturday.
If you know of any teams that are planning on coming out with us, please make sure they know about this change.

Tom, I don't know too much about RockSim, but from what I understand, when you try to include snow in the simulation, it gets a little flaky. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #8571 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic TARC 2017 Launches
Team Fairhaven will be at the launch Sunday.
Thank you for the early call - and for the launch opportunity.

Regarding the last line of the previous post....groan....:blink:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Boris Katan.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8572 by davisolzoe
Replied by davisolzoe on topic TARC 2017 Launches
I second that!

More
6 years 11 months ago #8573 by sammio5555
Replied by sammio5555 on topic TARC 2017 Launches
I probably can't make it, but on the off chance I can - I'm unable to store (let alone test) BP at home. I'm not part of a TARC team, but would it be possible for me to do some ground ejection charge testing of my current build at the field if I'm able to make it by during the launch? And if so, any chance there will be vendors on site or anyone else willing to sell me a small amount of BP to use for my tests?

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #8574 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic TARC 2017 Launches

I probably can't make it, but on the off chance I can - I'm unable to store (let alone test) BP at home. I'm not part of a TARC team, but would it be possible for me to do some ground ejection charge testing of my current build at the field if I'm able to make it by during the launch? And if so, any chance there will be vendors on site or anyone else willing to sell me a small amount of BP to use for my tests?

Hey Sam, we limit the launches to student groups but it would be okay for you to do some ground testing while we're on the field. Jason will be there from AMWProX and can supply BP for you. When you know if you're going to make it or not, contact him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to let him know one way or the other.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8575 by davisolzoe
Replied by davisolzoe on topic TARC 2017 Launches
Rocksim has over a thousand names for snow….