× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

What are you working on in the Winter of 2017

More
7 years 2 months ago #8497 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic What are you working on in the Winter of 2017
I forgot to mention Allan has some pad heads he wants me to repair, so I will be heading to Artisan's Asylum to use one of their welders at some point, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #8498 by evvo
www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?137...nder-II-Build-Thread

I'm working on an APRO Lander (oooh, lots of shrouds and strakes!). The ORK file is over complicated, I think, so I've left out the shroud support ribs, CA soaked cardstock should be plenty strong.

Fortunately, it looks like I have access to a friend's laser cutter!! That'll make things easier.

Also working on a Custom Rockets LandViper.

Learning to work with a real (2 stage) airbrush.

More
7 years 2 months ago #8501 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic What are you working on in the Winter of 2017
Keep us informed as to when you will attempt your level 3 flight. I'll want to make sure I'm there. I imagine the flight will take place in Berwick.

More
7 years 2 months ago #8502 by deangelo54
Nothing as ambitious as what you all are working on. I have an un-built Executioner kit that I have had for years. I have been stealing parts from it here and there for other projects. I ordered what I need to finally build it from Apogee Components. I have learned so much from Tim Van Milligan's Apogee site I feel it is only fair that I do business with him from time to time.

More
7 years 2 months ago #8505 by BDB
I really want to see Howard's 8" Talon fly!

I had good luck at RIMRA and CMASS launches in 2016, but bad luck at Berwick, crashing both my Binder Design Tyrannosaur and Terrodactyl. The former is already repaired and the latter is next on the list.

I was so inspired by Frank's Estes Scion at the December launch in Berwick (freezing!) that I arranged for Santa to bring me one. It is going to get a FG layup to reinforce the airframe, some sexy fins from 3D Rocketry and an upgraded 38 mm MMT.

But most importantly, 2017 is going to be the year of learning how to fly HPR 2-stage. I am working on a semi-scratch-built FG two-stager using parts from Wildman, and I'm hoping to build a 3" upscale Estes Magnum. I foresee multiple trips to Berwick in my future. Hopefully my luck up there changes this year.

More
7 years 2 months ago #8506 by deangelo54
I never thought one of my rockets could inspire someone. In 2015 an Estes engine catoed my Partizon kit. When I called the woman at Estes she was wicked nice. She said I would get a replacement engine and kit. When I opened the box I also found the Scion in there. I like how you are going to take the basic kit and modify it. It is a 3" kit that has decent length. You have to cut the fin slots yourself. I look forward to seeing the project when it is completed.