• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 7 months ago #11303 by KennB
This doesn't help us was created by KennB
Bad news in Topsfield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #11304 by ChristineZ
Replied by ChristineZ on topic This doesn't help us
But also, Kenn, It could be turned into something positive too, That Organized Clubs such as CMASS take precautions against this very sort of occurence. That we follow a safety code that is taken seriously, and have equipment (extinguisher, flame proof blankets and appropriate deflectors and launch pads, on hand for this). Additionally as a NAR sanctioned club, we also have appropriate insurance too.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 7 months ago #11305 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic This doesn't help us
Thanks, Christine, for putting this in the proper light. I was copied on a link to the story at work and was having a bad day to begin with. I only saw this as "one more thing to deal with" that day (some ribbing from my coworkers).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristineZ

More
1 year 7 months ago #11306 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic This doesn't help us

Thanks, Christine, for putting this in the proper light. I was copied on a link to the story at work and was having a bad day to begin with. I only saw this as "one more thing to deal with" that day (some ribbing from my coworkers).

Well tonight's long range forecast indicates a good chance for rain next week on Tuesday... with chance of spot showers thru thursday.  Let's hope that it holds up! 

More
1 year 7 months ago #11308 by SpikeTony
Replied by SpikeTony on topic This doesn't help us
There also was an article about this event in The Boston Globe, Friday August 5th on page B2.

More
1 year 7 months ago #11309 by therocketn00b
Replied by therocketn00b on topic This doesn't help us
In the first news clip I saw, I'd add that the fire chief was very calm about the incident, and neither she nor the reporters used (I cannot think of a non-punning word here, sorry) incendiary language. Instead, the words I heard were that activities like model rocketry or building a campfire can pose a threat when conditions are so dry.

So, it didn't seem to me that rocketry was being painted in a bad light in general in the story I saw.

Still, it wasn't fun to see that.

Did we ever find out what sparked that fire in Amesbury?