BU team looking for L3 Mentor

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 4 months ago #10331 by KennB
BU team looking for L3 Mentor was created by KennB
If you can help or direct him to someone who can, contact Liam at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hello,

My name is Liam Ward and I am reaching out to you on behalf of the Boston University Rocket Propulsion Group.

This coming year, we will be participating in the Spaceport America Cup Intercollegiate Rocket Engineering Competition. If you’re unfamiliar with the SA Cup, it is the world’s largest intercollegiate rocket engineering conference and competition and it is held annually at Spaceport America in New Mexico in late June. There are a number of categories of rockets that can be launched. We in BURPG will be participating in the 10k ft apogee, commercial-off-the-shelf motor category.

As part of our participation, we need to find a mentor who has a Level 3 HPR Certification to review our designs, who can place motor purchases for us, and who can attend the event with the team to oversee operations. Unfortunately, BURPG does not have any members at the moment who have this certification.

As such, we were wondering if you might have any leads on individuals who possess this certification and may be willing to serve as our mentor. While we understand it is a big request to come with us to New Mexico in June, we would be willing to cover our mentor’s travel and lodging expenses.

Please let us know your thoughts on this and please do not hesitate to contact us with any thoughts, questions or concerns you have. We really appreciate your time and consideration.

Thank you,
Liam Ward
BURPG IREC Team Lead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10339 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic BU team looking for L3 Mentor
I'll reach out to them. I will be working at least one other team as well.

Kenn, I'll talk to you off line about a couple of items.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10340 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic BU team looking for L3 Mentor
Thanks, Curtis. I'd be happy to help too.

Brenton