Lunar Polar Hydrogen Mapper Talk Sept 17

More
4 years 7 months ago #9585 by ardedwa
Graham Stoddard will be the guest speaker at the club meeting on Tuesday, September 17.

Graham works with Radiation Monitoring Devices Inc. in Watertown on the Lunar Polar Hydrogen Mapper (LunaH-Map) project. LunaH-Map is one of 13 CubeSats planned to be launched with Artemis 1 in 2021 and placed in orbit around the moon. Graham will speak about the project and his work on it.

Club meetings are held from 6:30 to 8:30 at The Hatch Makerspace in Watertown, MA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9628 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic Lunar Polar Hydrogen Mapper Talk Sept 17
Remember the talk will be at this Tuesday's meeting.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9629 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic Lunar Polar Hydrogen Mapper Talk Sept 17
Field trip option!

Graham has permission from his boss to hold his talk at Radiation Monitoring Devices Inc, which is in Watertown. He said he would be able to show us the hardware they have developed and be able to use the conference room for the talk, which would allow him to show slides.

If you are planning to attend, let us hear your thoughts on making this a field trip.
Graham says we can let him know Tuesday night at the Hatch.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #9640 by DanTyszka1966
Replied by DanTyszka1966 on topic Lunar Polar Hydrogen Mapper Talk Sept 17
I've been a CMASS member since 2013, but have not attended a club meeting (outside launches) in years...since the days we used to meet in Bill Spadafora's workshop.

Have been meaning to check out a CMASS meeting again now that we're meeting in Watertown at the Hatch Makerspace. This talk has caught my interest and will finally get me to come out to a meeting again. Count me in as an attendee tonite, and also for the field trip to see actual hardware afterward.

Thanks for organizing this!
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by DanTyszka1966. Reason: omitted word

More
4 years 7 months ago #9642 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Lunar Polar Hydrogen Mapper Talk Sept 17
The technology that is going on in our back yards is totally amazing. You all asked some awesome questions. My older son is a computer science professional. Too bad he didn't attend. My concern is that the Chinese will steal the technology that is involved with the project.