Group Motor Purchases - Summer/Fall 2018

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #9075 by KennB
Robert and Gloria of AMWProX will be traveling and vending to other parts of the country for the rest of our flying season. Jason is doing lots of work on his house. Gloria suggested our club, along with MMMSC, put together group orders of motors to spread out or eliminate the Hazmat fees associated with HPR motor purchases. She will let us know times she will be ordering from CTI so we know when we need to gather the group. All orders will be placed directly with AMWProX and paid for by the individuals.

We need someone to be the contact point to coordinate these group purchases. You wouldn't have to handle any money only receive and distribute the motors on the orders. It would be best if the packages could be secured when they are received; it probably wouldn't be too good to have them sitting on someone's front porch for half a day waiting for someone to come home. Due to the nature of the shipments, I would guess a signature upon receipt would be required. As we get the scheduled dates for the orders we can post more details here. Please respond to this thread if you'd like to help out yourself and your fellow rocketeers.

Thanks.
Kenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #9078 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Group Motor Purchases - Summer/Fall 2018
I'll be happy to be POC and courier. I have a cool dry (and secure) place that I can store things until delivery. I can arrange to be present when the order arrives, assuming we a tracking # that we can narrow it down to 1/2 day. Or If it comes to the fedex depo in framingham (or other metro west freight depo, I could just arrange to pick it up directly from there. UPS in waltham is a bit tougher for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KennB

More
5 years 7 months ago #9079 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic Group Motor Purchases - Summer/Fall 2018
So are we waiting to hear when Gloria will be placing a CTI order?
I'm guessing there is no way to order a motor for this weekend...

• KennB
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #9080 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Group Motor Purchases - Summer/Fall 2018
Call Gloria early on Thursday. If she has what you want, pay for it and she and I can get together so I can bring it up for you.

• KennB
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #9088 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Group Motor Purchases - Summer/Fall 2018
Due to various delays, Robert and Gloria are still in town with plans to leave on Friday, 07 September. If you need motors, kits or accessories, order directly from AMWProX by Thursday afternoon.
I'll be able to pick up whatever is available after work on Thursday and bring it to Berwick on the 8th and/or the Fliskits launch on the 15th.
Order now and save the cost of shipping.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9118 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Group Motor Purchases - Summer/Fall 2018
I'm trying to see gauge interest for a group motor order from AMW. Please respond or PM me if you would like to order motors. If we get enough interest, I will organize an order.

I have one query, so that is a start