Lost in Amesbury on September 28, 2013

• bobkrech
  • bobkrech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6808 by bobkrech
Lost in Amesbury on September 28, 2013 was created by bobkrech
I lost my Junk Box Rocket, a 5 pound, 4" diameter by ~4' tall white rocket with black fins somewhere in the vicinity of the llama pen.

The flight simmed to ~2200' and the dual 36" white chutes deployed as planned at apogee. The rocket was descending nicely and was drifting from north to south and I tracked the rocket to ~500' (approximately over the llama pen) but lost it to "floaters" in my eye, and did not see it land. Spend over an hour looking from the other side of the brook to the llama pen, on the other side of llama pen and in the field on the other side of Lionsmouth Road.

I'll be more than happy to put a few dollars in the pocket of the finder of the lost rocket.

Thanks.

Bob
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by billspad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6811 by Parrythewind
Replied by Parrythewind on topic Re: Lost in Amesbury on October 28, 2013
*(wink) You have given me proof of your knowledge of the future, and I want to use those powers for good, not evil. I will be there that day, and will scout out this future lost rocket for you. I may even bring friends. *(end wink) Bob, I thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with me through the rocketry forums, and find this a great excuse to go for a walk in Amesbury. I do hope everyone's lost rockets are found.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6812 by davisolzoe
Replied by davisolzoe on topic Re: Lost in Amesbury on October 28, 2013
I think the Llamas must be munching on those rockets.....too many have been lost over there.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6816 by Parrythewind
Replied by Parrythewind on topic Re: Lost in Amesbury on October 28, 2013
I want to change this subject to "Lost in Amesbury on Sept 28, 2013" but then my time travel joke has no legs,...

More
10 years 5 months ago #6817 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Lost in Amesbury on September 28, 2013

I want to change this subject to "Lost in Amesbury on Sept 28, 2013" but then my time travel joke has no legs,...

I changed the subject on Bob's post to have the correct date but left the others so your joke sort of still works.

By the way, if anybody does decide to organize a hunting party remember that not all the neighbors love us. Please ask before you go into anybody's yard.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6818 by Parrythewind
Replied by Parrythewind on topic Re: Lost in Amesbury on September 28, 2013
I was considering the field open territory, and houses off limits. I was able to walk the perimeter by the power lines, and there is a lot of dangerous areas to lose a rocket.