Spare Time in Marlborough

• Rild99
  • Rild99's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #10578 by Rild99
Replied by Rild99 on topic Spare Time in Marlborough
That's what I suspected but I did promise to ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #10579 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Spare Time in Marlborough
I did reach out to Skip with my address. I can't resist a good deal on rocketry stuff. The Spare Time Shop has a coupon on their website for 30% off on your birthday month. www.sparetimeshop.com/Birthday2021.pdf

Not Meeting this Tuesday. It is the 5th Tuesday of the month.
Next meeting is July 6th. I will report on my trip to the METRA launch.

More
2 years 9 months ago #10580 by RD-ROX
Replied by RD-ROX on topic Spare Time in Marlborough
Spare Time is one of the best hobby shop survivors. I've been going there (intermittently) since the 80's and they've always been one of the best shops in New England. Since we're in Western Mass., they aren't exactly "local" for me and Deb, but it's been our routine to go there after every CMASS launch. I'm a little surprised to find that some didn't already know about the shop. Their rocketry section isn't "huge", but it's well stocked and has a few OOP treasures lurking. They've got Estes, Quest, Custom, and Aerotech items... plus a a great selection of building supplies and paints.

-- Rob (and Deb)

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #10717 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Spare Time in Marlborough
I went to the SpareTime shop today and found a GREATLY expanded display of Aerotech single use motors (including LMS G types) AND 24/40 24/60 and 29/40-120 reloads.

I purchased a few items... yes it's list price, but no shipping or hazmat at least!

I suggest you bring your launch pass to use as an ersatz "membership" card as they may ask. The fellow behind the counter was telling me how folks who overhear someone who says they're with CMASS will then say "oh yeah! Me too! and I got the distinct impression that it may be starting to become a sore point.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by DeltaVee.

More
2 years 7 months ago #10718 by TimDawson
Replied by TimDawson on topic Spare Time in Marlborough
I was just there today, also. Thought I would go check them out.  I bought a set of E20-4W's, but forgot to ask for CMASS discount.  I had my flight badge with me, too.  When I got home I ordered a bunch of Quest engines from ASP.  I hope to fly only White Lightning engines in my scale launches on the 25th.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #10720 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Spare Time in Marlborough
I noticed that their qjet inventory was somewhat depleted compared to what I saw on my previous visits... if you hadn't mentioned asp, I would've thought that you must've cleaned 'em out!  ;-)
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by DeltaVee.