× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Thank You CMASS for 2021

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #10858 by deangelo54
Thank You CMASS for 2021 was created by deangelo54
I had a great time yesterday and a wonderful 2021 rocket season. This year I had 102 flights, 63 of which were with CMASS. That tells you without a doubt that I love flying rockets. Rocketry is most fun when flying with our club. For me, the social aspect of the hobby is just as if not more significant than the hobby itself. A thousand thanks to Kenn, Guy and everyone else that helped make 2021 a successful rocket season. Now the long cold winter and two month wait until the 2022 Winter Follies Launch. Then we do it all again in April at Amesbury. T Minus 6 months and counting. 
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #10859 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Thank You CMASS for 2021
I second that, Frank! In my youth, I flew alone most of the time. A good crowd of wonderful people like the CMASS gang makes it a fantastic experience!

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #10860 by hermanjc
Replied by hermanjc on topic Thank You CMASS for 2021
Ditto to all of the above. I only joined CMASS last summer, and although it's easier going on a quick trip to the local ball field with my kids in tow, we have enjoyed family CMASS outings and seeing all the impressive builds and launches by various club members. I went from 0 launches in 2019, to 40ish in 2020, and now 98 in 2021 (with many coming at CMASS events). It's difficult to volunteer and really meet each of you with two young kids and limited attention spans, but I enjoy the social aspects of the launches and club meetings with all of you! Many many thanks to all those who do make these events possible via coordination and volunteering. Here's to many more events and rockets in future years, hopefully with me being able to help more and getting my own kids and their cousins more involved!

-Jeremy
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hermanjc.

More
2 years 5 months ago #10862 by RHobbs1
Replied by RHobbs1 on topic Thank You CMASS for 2021
Hear, hear! And that goes for all who replied. This was my first season as a CMASS member, and I have to say I never had this much fun building and flying rockets as a boy and a much younger man. I'm going to have to count my spent engine casings, but I do believe I've launched well over 100 times with the club.
This is a great group. We seem to have struck a good balance between all-important safety considerations and just plain having fun. A four-way Mega Mosquito drag race? Who'd a' thunk we could pull that off? And handling an imvasion of Cub Scouts (reasonably) unfazed? That was quite a trick too.
All the triumphs, all the catastrophes, all the long recovery walks we're well worth it.
Hope to see you "next year". Rob is pushing me to get my Mega Mosquito built for the Winter Follies. And I've got a Citation Patriot 24 mm upgrade in the works too.
R