× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Naram 62

• RetroRocketGuy
  • RetroRocketGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 11 months ago #10456 by RetroRocketGuy
Naram 62 was created by RetroRocketGuy
Hey y'all, So Ive been considering the opportunity to drive up to Naram 62 in Geneseo this July. So, since this for me is a first time venture to a (very very Large) Rocketry Gathering, Are there any useful tips for first timers?

(Things like Range stuff, Hotel considerations, etc. etc.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #10457 by truckmen
Replied by truckmen on topic Naram 62
Hey, RetroRocketGuy,

Same here! I just been for the first time to an event last weekend, CMASS in Amesbury. I was surprised with such a turnout. There may have been at leas 60 people there; I'm being very conservative. I too, am planning to be there in Geneseo and have just locked in vacation from y job for that purpose. Now, I ramping up on my level 1 attempt and really need to get started building something.

As there will be dry camping allowed, I will have a self-contained camper.
I'll also have a "first-up" canopy with a folding table and chairs for the rocket setup.

Not sure yet about power and will get with the powers-that-be about what we are allowed for generators, etc.

I also have to find an RV dump station as 1 week will fill our grey and black water tanks for sure.

Ralph

More
2 years 11 months ago #10459 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Naram 62
My family and I went to Geneseo in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
We stayed at the Quality Inn. Good prices and good accommodations. Make your reservations early enough so that you make sure you get a room.
QUALITY INN
4242 Lakeville Road, Geneseo, NY, 14454, US.
The following user(s) said Thank You: truckmen

More
2 years 11 months ago #10460 by MALBAR70
Replied by MALBAR70 on topic Naram 62
We will be attending NARAM this year as well. Geneseo is an awesome place to fly. We have registered and booked our hotel (We usually stay about a half hour away from the field at the Super 8 in Henrietta).
Large events like this can be fun, although it may take a little bit longer to get your rocket on the pad and launched, patience is important with the large volume of fliers.
I've never done any contest flying so I have no tips for that.
I guess the best advise is to just relax, have fun and don't put too much pressure on yourself to meet any goals you may be trying to reach.
One of the great things about this region is that if there are any days that the range is shut down due to weather there are plenty of other things to do  such as Niagra Falls, which isn't too far away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: truckmen

More
2 years 11 months ago #10461 by truckmen
Hello deangelo54,

Thanks, I'll Make that my Plan B if the 5th Wheel isn't ready in time.

More
2 years 11 months ago #10462 by truckmen
MLABAR70,

Yes, and there is a lot of wine tasting I am sure. The Finger Lakes are very scenic. And, Niagara Falls is a must do with your bride. Good suggestion for sure.

Ralph