× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

The Bandits Strike Again

More
3 years 9 months ago #10005 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic The Bandits Strike Again
Vacation approved. I’m in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #10008 by dlazarus6660
Replied by dlazarus6660 on topic The Bandits Strike Again
I can do either or both!
I won't get there till 9ish.

Daniel

More
3 years 9 months ago #10009 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic The Bandits Strike Again
Thursday

I'll bring drop cloth
1/8 inch rods

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #10010 by deangelo54
Another adventure of "The Lone Bandit"

I arrived at the Acton Field early and started launching at 8:15 AM.
The skies were clear, 77 degrees and a strong wind blowing toward RT 2. A perfect setting for rockets.

Paradise was lost at 9:00 AM when three cricket players arrived. They headed toward the trees for shade, waiting for the rest of their crew.

At 9:45 AM the rest of the players arrived and started setting up a double canopy in the middle of the field. Then the wind shifted toward the trees.

At that point, I had gotten in five good flights. Given the circumstances, It was a good time to pack up and call it a day, and a good day it was.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by deangelo54.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #10014 by deangelo54
Greetings Fellow Bandits.
I was wondering if anyone else was crazy enough to want to launch very early Saturday in Acton. Sunrise is 5:23 AM. If we setup by 6:30 AM, the cricket players don't get going until 9:30 AM at the earliest. That gives us a three hour launch window. It has been my experience that early in the day, there is very little to no wind in Acton.

My pad can accommodate mid power rockets. It does not have a rail but I have a six-foot 1/4 rod. Let me know if I should bring it.

I have two Estes Electron Beam controllers. If you have something better, feel free to bring it.

I'm wondering when I should tell Linda about getting up early Saturday morning.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by deangelo54.

More
3 years 9 months ago #10015 by deangelo54
I arrived in Acton today with Linda at 6:00 AM. There was an incredible mist on the field. It reminded me of that movie, "The Fog". We started launching at 6:30 AM when John Petrakis arrived. The sky was crystal clear and no wind at all.

A few cricked players arrived at 7:00 AM but didn't start setting up until 8:30 AM. By then, we got our flights in, it was getting hot and humid, so we called it a day. We had a great time and lots of fun. Linda used her super powers to help John find a lost part of his Sputnik.

As we were packing up, a couple of cricket players drove their cars on the field near that shed by the trees. The Acton police came by, talked to the drivers and left. Five minutes later, another car drove on the field.

If I did that Kenn and Guy would tear up my CMASS and NAR cards, bend my launch rods and banish me. Similar to what happened to Jason McCord on Branded. Rightfully so I must say.

We stopped by Davis field to watch a RC plane competition. Then I took Linda out to eat at Verrill Farm in Concord and Kimbal's for dessert.

John headed over to The Spare Time shop and got some composite motors.

I spoke with one of the cricket players. He said they usually wrap up by 5:00 PM. John drove by the field sometime before 4:00 PM and they were already gone.