× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

What motors would you want an on-site dealer to carry?

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #9830 by BDB
My daughter, Esther, is interested in selling motors on-site at RIMRA and CMASS launches as a summer job. I'm supportive because it sure beats a lemonade stand.

We are thinking about carrying Estes, Quest, and Aerotech DMS. That said, I know that AMW built a loyal CTI following in New England, so I may give them a call too. What kinds of motors would you want an on-site dealer to carry?

Brenton

P.S. Here's a picture of Esther at the 2019 Winter Follies launch.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by BDB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #9831 by guyw
I fly mostly A-F. I use Estes, Quest, Aerotech and CTI. I like to fly small spools and saucers, so I use a lot of B6-0 and C6-0 motors. If I am flying my Wildchild, I like to fly E30 class motors with 4 second delay and F40 class motors with 7 second delay. For reloads, single grain 24mm and 29mm CTI E's and F's.

More
4 years 1 month ago #9832 by curtisheisey
CTI H90 (2 grain 29) seems to be popular for L1 certs.

I would say 2- and 3-grian 29mm and 38 mm, CTI, maybe focus on just a few propellant flavors. Definitely smokey sam. Maybe classic. Probably redline or blue streak. No sparkies. Well, I guess ok, for RIMRA. None of the really fast burning ones, imax, white thunder.

If she stocks a small line, you can steer people to what you have instead of trying to stock a broad range of everything and always being out of things.

It will be a good business lesson for her to predict the market and given a budget of x, trying to optimize the inventory.

More
4 years 1 month ago #9836 by deangelo54
I really missed having Robert, Gloria and Jason on site selling CTI reloads. Perhaps Esther can take Jason's place selling motors and other miscellaneous items at launches. If she can get hold of some of the CMASS and RIMRA launch cards she would have a good baseline.

I used a lot of Estes C11-5's, B6-4's

For composites I use:
CTI single grain E's and F's.
Aerotech single use E30 with a 4 or 6 second delay.
Aerotech single use F27 with a 4 or 6 second delay.
Aerotech singel use F67 with a 4 or 6 second delay.

More
4 years 1 month ago #9848 by ardedwa
Frank! My feelings are hurt. I thought you got your AT E30s from me...

More
4 years 1 month ago #9850 by deangelo54
Didn't mean it as a slight. I try to support all on field vendors. Even those that have 20 year old explosive motors. LOL