× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

New Section Forming in Boston - Meeting Sunday

• therocketn00b
  • therocketn00b's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #9647 by therocketn00b
New Section Forming in Boston - Meeting Sunday was created by therocketn00b
Hi, Folks!

Anyone near Boston interested in supporting a new section, there will be a meeting at the Little Dipper restaurant in JP on Sunday. This is the diner with tons of model rockets hanging from the ceiling, and the co-owner David Doyle has joined us for several Acton launches this summer.

If you're near Acton, and you want to launch a few low power rockets, the first launch will be Friday, October 4 (I think it starts at 4:30 or 5pm - nice late afternoon flying!), so you could fly in Acton on Friday and Amesbury on Saturday! That sounds like a good weekend to me.

Anyway, the meeting is this Sunday from 5-7 at the Little Dipper, and refreshments will be served. If you are in the area and would like to support a new section, please join us.

RSVP if you can, by going to this link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #9649 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic New Section Forming in Boston - Meeting Sunday
Will the Acton Field be available on a late Friday afternoon? John P. mentioned that every time he has checked out the field it is being used by the cricked players.

Glad to hear that there will be another club in the Boston area. Just wondering what field they will be launching from?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by deangelo54.

More
4 years 5 months ago #9652 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic New Section Forming in Boston - Meeting Sunday
Greetings from Athens! I went by the action field the times on a Friday afternoon... The first time there were many folks there setting up for a cricket match. The second and third time these were two people with a cricket bat... Each time was around 4:30-5 pm. I think I'd your were there earlier (like during working hours) you might get away with am impromptu launch...