× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Help wanted with scout launches in October/November

• fineberg
  • fineberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #9645 by fineberg
I will be running 3 launches for the Spirit of Adventure BSA Council. These are part of a membership drive they are running, primarily for cub scouts (5-10 yrs old), where new scouts get a free rocket. Most of the kids will be flying Estes Gnome’s on 1/2 A motors, which the council is providing. While the scouts are supposed to build thier rockets in advance, most come with unbuilt or improperly built kits, and some don’t have a kit in advance. So we will need volunteers to help with check-in, building, and launching rockets.

While the launches are fairly hectic and controlling the kids can be challenging, they are a lot of fun, and its great to see how excited an 8 yr old can be launching a rocket to 200 ft.

The dates and locations are:

Please contact me if you can help, you should try to arrive by 9:30a (or earlier if possible) to set up.

Thanks,
Sam Fineberg
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by fineberg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #9648 by deangelo54
Will equipment be available to assist scouts build or fix their rockets such as:
Glue, rulers, tape, hobby knife, sand paper?
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by deangelo54.

• fineberg
  • fineberg's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #9650 by fineberg
Yes, we have all of those supplies.

Thanks
Sam

More
4 years 6 months ago #9666 by deangelo54
CMASS had a launch on October 5th. Kingston, NH is a way out for me. No guarantee but I will try to make the November 9th Launch in Bedford. If I do attend I will bring some items that will be useful in helping build and repair rockets.