× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

September 2019 Launch Postponed

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #9623 by KennB
September 2019 Launch Postponed was created by KennB
The forecast for Saturday is not great for our flying at Woodsom Farm. The wind will be above 10 mph with gusts to the mid-20's blowing right up toward the houses and apartment building. Sunday will be a little calmer (and warmer) with the wind blowing more toward the long axis of the field.

Be aware we will be sharing the field with a group of Powered Paragliders . They've reserved the field for Friday, Sunday and Monday. I've spoken with their organizer and we've worked out a deal. They will mostly be using the area between the parking lot and the llama/sheep pen. Generally, our flights don't land that far away. Also, they tend to break from going up in the air during the midday due to thermals, etc. but will still be doing some ground exercises then. I've said we'd keep our flying on Sunday to the hours between 11 AM and 3 PM, a shortened day for us but better than no flying. If we have something big that might drift toward them, we can communicate with them to stop and keep heads up to be sure of no interaction.

We'll still plan on starting our set up about 9:30 that morning so show up early and help out. This also gives you one more day to sign up for some launch duty or shuttle car use or driver. Sorry for the change of plans but we are at the mercy of the weather.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9624 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic September 2019 Launch Postponed
Good call. Sunday calls for clear skies as opposed to clouds on Saturday. An hour less of flying is worth having better conditions. This gives Sal and I an extra day to work on our new kits. Linda may not be able to come on Sunday. She is signed up for food service. Maybe we can bushwhack Sal into filling in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.