× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

October Launch(es)

• therocketn00b
  • therocketn00b's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #9590 by therocketn00b
October Launch(es) was created by therocketn00b
Did we lose a date in October this year? I checked the website so I could submit a time off request at work for October launches. I could have sworn we had two dates set, but now I'm only seeing three. Did we lose one, or am I just mis-remembering?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9591 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic October Launch(es)
When the schedule was set, it was supposed that we'd have the October Sky joint launch in Rhode Island and MMMSC would have at least one October launch. With all that potential, it was felt a single October launch would suffice.

As you know, MMMSC has suspended operations until further notice and RIMRA is trying to keep a low profile on the parts of their field they can still use; anyone from CMASS could still attend their launches but we aren't promoting them as joint launches.

If we get some good volunteer cooperation at the September and October launches in Amesbury, especially a shuttle vehicle and drivers, we could look at adding another launch in October. We'll see how it plays out.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9592 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic October Launch(es)
I'll take at least one LCO shift... the only requirement is that I need two hot dogs for fuel during the shift.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9593 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic October Launch(es)

I'll take at least one LCO shift... the only requirement is that I need two hot dogs for fuel during the shift.

Looks like you signed up for a post-lunch shift so you should be well fueled.
Thanks for using the sign-up sheet.

More
4 years 7 months ago #9594 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic October Launch(es)
I am nothing if not predictable

More
4 years 7 months ago #9595 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic October Launch(es)
I recall in the past that CMASS had two October launches. Seems like it has been awhile since we have done so. As Kenn mentioned, we used to have a RIMRA and MMMSC launch in October. I have been considering going to a CRMRC launch on October 19th but I would rather attend a second CMASS launch.