I received the following information from RIMRA Launch Director Brenton DeBoef.
On Saturday, May 11, 2019 RIMRA is going to be able to launch from the URI field.
They posted launch information to the RIMRA website and Facebook page. We can use the whole field, so the ceiling is technically 3000’. RIMRA is going to waive launch fees until they get the field situation figured out.
RIMRA is back! (kind-of). We have a meeting next week with the RI DEM to see if we can use some of their land for a new site. In the mean time, we can use the URI field until construction begins there. (Knowing how URI works, it will probably be a while before anything is built.) So we are going to launch this Saturday. Set-up at ~9:00, last flight 2:30–3:00.
We can only have foot traffic on the fields, so park before the gate. If you help with set-up and/or tear down, we will shuttle you and your supplies to/from the field.
There are no bathrooms on site, but there are some on the URI campus.
We're still trying to decide if there will be food or not. If not, there is plenty at URI.
The ceiling is 1500, with call-ins up to 3k, but I am hesitant to fly anything over 2k there.
Ray will be there representing Fliskits, but there will be no motor vendor on-site.
A Great day to launch rockets in West Kingston, RI with RIMRA.
Clear skies with moderate winds blowing in the right direction.
There were not many rocketeers for the launch but those of us that attended had a good time. There were two High Power launches on small H engines, a Torrent and a Super DX3. There were a few mid power launches including a Maxi Der Red Max.
On Tuesday, May 14th RIMRA has a meeting with the Department of Environmental Management concerning the use of a different field to launch from. The status of the June 8th joint launch is still undetermined.
The good people of RIMRA asked me to say hello to the members of CMASS.
The meeting with DEM was postponed until next week. We are hopeful about the new site, but it sounds like we will have to convince some skeptics. In the mean time, it is looking like we will be able to use the URI field at least sporadically for the summer.
Our meeting with the RI DEM did not go very well, but it looks like URI will let us keep launching from their field for a few months. We now have launches scheduled for June 8, July 20, and August 10. For more information, please check our website (
) or our facebook page.