× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!

More
4 years 10 months ago #9483 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
Thanks for the heads-up, Joe. Sorry Mother Nature isn't being cooperative.
Here's hoping for good conditions in November.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9661 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
Nov. 16, 2019 Reminder Invitation -- Joint Launch w/CMASS!

REMINDER INVITATION: The LAST EVENT of the year for NORG is next month -- it is a JOINT LAUNCH w/CMASS on Nov. 16th Saturday (their last field event in Amesbury, MA of the year featuring a Night Launch!) at sunset (about 16:20). NORG invites CMASS members and others to participate in these Night Launch activities! Please see the Official NORG website for details as this date approaches for field information, what to bring/know, and weather decisions. SPECIAL NOTE: There is no rain date for this event!

NORG CLUB BUSINESS: We need to do a "FIELD VOTE" for yours truly (Joe Majahad) to continue for next two years as club officer. A simple voice count of yeas and nays among those gathered -- will have member list for sign-up. I will be there 1 hr. before sunset,

ROCKET DEBUT: A Saturn V Nite Flite Rocket will have it's Maiden Flight! See pics at NORG site: (BLOG section): www.niteowlrocketrygild.wordpress.com

More
4 years 6 months ago #9663 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
Check out Kennedy Fields in Peabody, MA. It is NOT a big field but when I need a rocket fix I go there on Sunday afternoon to launch a few rockets on A' & B's. I tried a C once and a tree ate my rocket.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9665 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
Hello Frank (have we met?):

Sorry, to hear your rocket was eaten by a tree! You say Kennedy Fields is good for A's & B's... my nite flite rockets are on the heavy side (usually requiring D's). Did you do this launch by yourself or with a group (with park permission?)? If you know of any fields that handle D's in the Salem, MA area then I'd be interested. In the meantime, you are more than welcome join NORG and CMASS next month on November 16th for some night launches!

Sincerely,

Joseph N. Majahad, Representative
Nite Owl Rocketry Gild (#799)
PO Box 855, Salem, MA 01970

More
4 years 6 months ago #9667 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
The few times that I have launched at Kennedy Fields has been on a Sunday afternoon after a 1:00 PM Patriots game. I went there either with my sons or by myself without any prior authorization. One time there was another dad and son launching rockets. I am not at all familiar with open space in the Salem, MA area. I was surprise to lean that people found a big enough area to launch rockets in Salem.

Finding fields to launch rockets has become more and more of a challenge. I have accepted the fact that if I want to launch rockets as much as I do, I have to be willing to travel. Acton, MA is a great location but you will have to pay a fee to use the field.

I would check out Kennedy Fields. It's a great location if you don't mind flying rockets and engines appropriate for the size of the field. I have flown an Estes Patriot and Chaser on a B6-4 without having to worry about getting them back. It was when I put a C6-5 in the Chaser it ended up in a tree.

More
4 years 6 months ago #9672 by jcsalem
Replied by jcsalem on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
RE: Using the Acton field
The Acton recreation department has told me that it's fine for individuals to use the Acton field as long as its not for organized events. They've specifically said that it's okay for a family to launch a rocket there without paying. Just make sure that you're doing it safely and not interfering with other events.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlainhart