× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!

More
4 years 5 months ago #9673 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
When I go to Kennedy Fields it’s usually Sunday afternoon, no one is there except me and a few every low power rockets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #9674 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
Mr. DeAngelo & Mr. Salem:

Does anyone have comments or questions about NORG's Joint Event with CMASS next month? It's my understanding that help I was receiving from the NAR's Activity Chairman in finding alternate fields to the Gallows Hill Park had come up in a recent CMASS meeting. I'd be happy to discuss my research into this matter but the primary purpose of my NORG post here is a reminder of my section's last event of the year (weather permitting). You are both more than welcome to attend. May I suggest we discuss fields in a separate string or as a forum discussion (or e-mail me privately).

Sincerely,

Joseph N. Majahad, Representative
Nite Owl Rocketry Gild (#799)
PO Box 855
Salem, MA 01970

More
4 years 5 months ago #9676 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
Kenn had mentioned at the meeting that Gallows Hill would not be available. He had asked me to do some research to find a viable field. Kennedy Fields was the only one I came up with. See you in a new forum thread.

More
4 years 4 months ago #9739 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!
CMASS/NORG Joint Launch -- Forecast Cold!

WEATHER: The weather forecast from Channel 4 and NECN each give a daytime high of 36 degrees! Channel 5 and 7 give temperatures of day and night as 39/28 and 34/20 degrees (respectively). Further these two describe Saturday November 16th as "Windy Cold" and "Feels like 20". Dress warmly and prep your night launch rockets before hand so they are ready to go!

This is a Joint Launch with CMASS at their Amesbury, MA field following their last regular daytime activities for the season. Their field and their rules. Look on the CMASS website for rules and directions. There will be no fee or membership dues needed on the NORG end of things. I'd like to do a "Field Vote" for any NORG members who show up to elect me as club officer. Sunset is about 4:20 PM and I'll try to be on the field 1 hour beforehand. As inducement, anyone who signs the membership list can participate in voting and I'll extend free membership and waiving of fees for next year's NORG Events!

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #9741 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic NORG - 2019 Event Announcement!

RE: Using the Acton field
The Acton recreation department has told me that it's fine for individuals to use the Acton field as long as its not for organized events. They've specifically said that it's okay for a family to launch a rocket there without paying. Just make sure that you're doing it safely and not interfering with other events.

That's FABULOUS news, Jim! I've often toyed with the idea of going to launch a few until I get kicked off or something... Obviously I *just* noticed this!
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by DeltaVee.