× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

C11-5 Engines are Back!

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #9431 by deangelo54
C11-5 Engines are Back! was created by deangelo54
Today I was looking at the AC Supply catalog and saw C11-0's and C11-7's listed. When I got on their web site they also had C11-5's available. I ordered six packs at $4.79 each.

Last year fat C's and B6-4's were tied for the most engines that I used at 29 each. I was disappointed when I found out that both the C11-5 and C11-7 were discontinued. I emailed Estes and was told that there was a chance that they could be reintroduced once the new ownership settled in. It was the previous owner that decided to stop making the C-11's. It was a very good decision by the new ownership to reintroduce the C11 engines.

I was recently asked how many D engines I used in 2018. The answer is only 11.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #9433 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic C11-5 Engines are Back!
Fabulous news! Although oddly enough, the C11-7s never disappeared from the Estes site... and the C11-5's are not yet listed there either... which seems strange to me.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by DeltaVee.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #9434 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic C11-5 Engines are Back!
And the C11-3's are back too!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #9435 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic C11-5 Engines are Back!
This is great news! I ordered a bunch of C11-7's a few months ago, because they were all that were left at AC Supply, and I thought the C11s were about to go extinct.

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #9437 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic C11-5 Engines are Back!
The AC Supply site stated the C11-5's would be available on April 1, 2019. I just happened to be at the right site at the right time. As John P mentioned above, the C11-3's are also available.

Hopefully my order can be filled. In the past I have ordered engines online then in a day or two I receive an email stating that the engines are not available. That has never happened with AC Supply.

Let's order some C11 engines and show Estes that there is a big demand for them.
What wondrous times are these now that the C11 engines are available once again.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by deangelo54.