× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

MMMSC to suspend operations

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #9410 by KennB
MMMSC to suspend operations was created by KennB
The new owner of the crop being grown on the Harvard Turf Farm (formerly the Tuckahoe Turf Farm) in Berwick is planning on operating farming activities seven days per week this season. This leaves no open days for MMMSC launches.

Scott is going to inquire about the work schedule to see if there are any holidays or breaks planned for weekends and to see if the weekend days are full work days; if the crew only works part-days we may be able to fly later in the day - no guarantees.

Scott has asked that we don't vent online or make requests for further information. As more info becomes available, it will be communicated.

If you know of any other open land in the south of Maine, let us know. If anything changes, you will be informed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #9411 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic MMMSC to suspend operations
When I first started launching with CMASS in 2003 I was amazed when I first saw the Amesbury field. I started launching in Berwick in 2014 and could not believe there was that much open space in New England. We had some great times and nice rides to Berwick. We got to meet a lot of new people and see some incredible launches. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Scott for all his efforts in starting the MMMSC and all the work he and others have done to offer us rocketeers the opportunity to launch at such a wonderful field. To think it is only 68 miles from my house.

I would like to hear people share their stories of fun and interesting times they have had at Berwick.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by deangelo54.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #9412 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic MMMSC to suspend operations
I will miss the Thistle Pig. :(

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #9413 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic MMMSC to suspend operations
In the immortal words of Chester A. Riley: "What a revoltin' development this is!"

This definitely hurts... as Berwick was the biggest field I've EVER launched anything on. Still managed to lose something, but when we were launching near the pivot, that was almost impossible. Breaks my heart.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by DeltaVee.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #9414 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic MMMSC to suspend operations
Two years ago Linda and I were ready to head up to Berwick for a launch. Before getting in the car I checked the web site. Unbeknownst to us, a few minutes after we got in the car, the launch was scrubbed. When we got to the field it was foggy and there was only one other person there. I called Scott to confirm what I had suspected.

As we were passing though downtown Summersworth the weather vastly improved. We noticed that there was some festival going on. We joined in on the fun and had a great time. This is one of my fondest memories of Berwick even though it was the launch that wasn't.