× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Acton 2019

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #9171 by KennB
Acton 2019 was created by KennB
Thanks to the efforts of Jim Salem, CMASS will be back on the School Street fields in Acton in July and August of 2019. We got our request in before the cricketeers so the field will be available for our use. The dates will be posted when we publish the whole schedule for the year. So you can prepare, I'll tell you one of the dates is 20 July, the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. If you have any related models that are suitable for the limits of the Acton field, that would be the day to fly them.

We also have our Winter Follies scheduled for 19 January 2019. Like we did this past January, as the date approaches, we'll make the call about using it that day, postponing to Sunday or the following week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9172 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Acton 2019

Thanks to the efforts of Jim Salem, CMASS will be back on the School Street fields in Acton in July and August of 2019. We got our request in before the cricketeers so the field will be available for our use. The dates will be posted when we publish the whole schedule for the year. So you can prepare, I'll tell you one of the dates is 20 July, the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. If you have any related models that are suitable for the limits of the Acton field, that would be the day to fly them.

We also have our Winter Follies scheduled for 19 January 2019. Like we did this past January, as the date approaches, we'll make the call about using it that day, postponing to Sunday or the following week.

Well done, gentlemen! Definitely looking forward to it. Now if we could just book the weather, we'll be all set.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9175 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Acton 2019
A job well done by Jimgetting the Acton field back on our schedule. Even though I lost a couple of rockets there in 2017 I enjoy attending launches there. Considering that we have been launching there for years it's only fair that we get four dates during the summer.