5 months 4 days ago - 5 months 4 days ago#9360by Curtis Heisey
I'm ready for a MARSA tilt unit and remote pyro module!!! I worked on Upscale Deuce's Wild with two 54 mm motors and two 29mm airstart motors (the latter just for show ... won't do much to this heavy rocket). I 3d printed an enclosure for the rf pyro unit that also servers as motor mount for the 29 mm motors. The 54 motors are canted at 15 degrees, and the 29 motors are canted at 10 degrees. The 54 motors are secured in place by 1/4 aluminum bulkheads that I had water jet cut. I am to have this ready for the April/May MMMSC launches.
NOW I've done it. Having had good success with my Astron Scrambler's 30 year old decal sheet, I forged ahead with decal application of my Centuri Saturn V. It seems ten extra years can make a difference... I dipped the first "USA" decal into the water... 30 seconds later I pulled it out, and it totally shredded trying to move it... I mean into *tiny little shards*. Tried a second one just for the heck of it... same result. The long United States decal? same thing. The sheet looked like it was in absolutely perfect condition. I said to myself "What the heck, I have this Estes Saturn V set from another partially built Saturn" ( I can replace the set either from Tango Papa or Stickershock23), although they held together better... they still separated apart. I was able to get one place because it only broke into THREE parts between the letters... the second one broke into 5 parts, the U, the A and then three parts for the S. At that point I collected up the remaining dry decals and placed them into an envelope with the words: 40+ year old saturn v decals... DO NOT USE.
Sixty bucks plus later, an order is in to StickerShock23. It sure would've been nice to keep this one fully original...