× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Thank you all for your help on my Level 2 certification Flight

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #8997 by deangelo54
I want to thank all of you who assisted me with my level 2 certification flight at Berwick on May 5th, 2018. I can't remember being this excited about a rocket launch since Apollo 11. The wind had died down to a mild breeze late in the day. At about 3:30 PM Randy suggested that the weather doesn't get any better than it had by then. With 30 minutes left on the clock Randy, Jason and John rallied to help me get the flight in on time and that we did. There was a chute issue (my fault) but the only damage to the mighty Torrent was some paint that scuffed off the nose cone.

Soon after I got into this hobby in 2003 I learned that it isn't just about the rockets, it's about the great people I have met since becoming involved in rocketry. From day one there was always someone at a launch willing to help me with a repair or to solve a problem. I can have just as much fun launching something on an A8-3 as with a J270. Both of which I did on Saturday.

Thanks again to all. I hope to be as helpful to others as you all have been to me.

Frank DeAngelo
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.