× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Can someone help at a TARC launch in Acton?

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #8945 by KennB
I received this request from the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School:

Our TARC team was wondering if there was any way we could do an official launch in Acton possibly on Friday March 30th or Saturday March 31st? Our mentor can be our official, but we don't have the equipment to do our launch. It is just really hard for us to get up to Amesbury. Let me know what the process is to try to get a launch in at a time other than March 31st in Amesbury. It is our first time as a team and so we are trying to figure this all out.
Thanks!

It would be great if we could get at least two members to attend; I don't believe their mentor could be counted as an official at this launch. If we can get people who can show up, we can make some arrangement for the equipment.

Respond here if you can help. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #8946 by guyw
Per the rules: "The observer can be a Mentor, or anyone else (including a new NAR member) who is not related to a team member or employed by their school, but MUST be a NAR Senior member (we check this)." Timing must be done by two people, neither of which is a team member, one being the NAR observer. So if the mentor is not employed by their school or related to a team member, they can be the observer.

Guy.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #8954 by KennB
Thanks to Jim Salem for making himself available for TARC launches in Acton on 31 March. He'll need at least one more person to provide the coverage required by the rules.