× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund

More
6 years 6 days ago #8959 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
I had bid on one of them, but my bid was not as high as the bid on the other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #8960 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
Eight days left to the auction and it has been great so far. But it's time to start moving those built rocket pools.

Built rockets are really not your thing. Well, we all have motors that we're iffy on. Do you still have some Estes E12's from the first run way back when; motors that spent all winter and summer in the garage; motors that somebody gave you and you took just to be polite? Bid on a rocket pool and use those motors you're really not sure of on rockets you really don't care about!

Even better - bid on the motors in the auction and a rocket pool and kill two birds with one stone!!

Remember all proceeds go to the Bill Spadafora Fund!!
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by ClaudeMaina.

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #8963 by ClaudeMaina
Five days left!

To help move some items we have dropped their opening bids. Item #45, large set of body tubes is now $30 and all of the built rocket pools are now $20!

Remember all proceeds go to the Bill Spadafora Fund!!
Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by KennB.

More
6 years 2 days ago #8964 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
As to the Saturn V that's available, NAR is looking for sections to have a big 50th anniversary celebration launch to commemorate the Apollo 11 moon landing in July, 2019. Here's your chance to get in on the fun.

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #8966 by ClaudeMaina
One day left. This is your last chance to get your bids in. The auction ends this Saturday at midnight! I know you've been holding off; can't quite decide if you should bid on that item or not, or strategically waiting to get your bid in at the last moment. Well that moment is here!

There are still items that have not been bid on, and items that are worth much more than their current bids: a life-time supply of body tubes for $31; Estes Little Joe II kit for $25; and a piece of NASA history for just $25! Just think of those two Space Shuttle parts sitting on top of your mantel! You'll be the talk of the neighborhood - even more so when the FBI in hasmat suits come knocking at your door!

It all ends tomorrow at midnight! And remember, all proceeds go to the Bill Spadafora Fund!!

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #8972 by ClaudeMaina
The auction is now over and it was a big success. We raised $1083.39 for the Bill Spadafora Memorial Fund - and I can now clear this stuff out of my garage!

If you have a winning bid, please e-mail Doug (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or myself (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) with the items you won, the total amount due, and where and when you want to pick up your items. Items can be picked up at either my house in West Newbury, Doug's house in Marlborough, at a CMASS meeting, or one of the CMASS or MMMSC launches. If none of these work for you, please contact either Doug or myself to make arrangements. Payment will be in cash or check made to CMASS (check is preferred) at the time of pickup.

Thanks again!