× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 week ago #8934 by ClaudeMaina
Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund was created by ClaudeMaina
CMASS is having an auction to support the Bill Spadafora Fund . The fund, currently being managed by Doug Steinfeld and Claude Maina, supports and promotes local student rocketry activities including TARC and SLI teams. The items in the auction, donated by John Straub, the family of Diana Ryan, Frank DeAngelo and Claude, include kits, built rockets, building materials, motors, and even (what we hope are legal) parts from the Space Shuttle!

Here's how it works: go to auction.cmass.org/, scroll through the items, find things you like and place your bids. (Yes, the plural is intentional!)

If you have questions about any item, post them here and we'll do our best to answer them. The auction will run until March 31. Bid winners can pick up their items at Claude’s house in West Newbury, Doug’s house in Marlborough, at a CMASS meeting, or at one of our launches. Payment will be by cash or check made to CMASS.

By bidding in the auction, you have a chance to buy something fun and support a good cause! So bid early - bid often - and fly it with us!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #8936 by HPRnut
Replied by HPRnut on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
Im having a hard time bidding. It says to put in a valid email and put in a numerical value.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 week ago #8937 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
Peter,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that your e-mail and bid value are not being accepted?

More
6 years 1 week ago #8938 by HPRnut
Replied by HPRnut on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
I figured it out. For some reason there was a space after my email address. I deleted that AND I didn't put the $ in my bid.

I will go back and bid on more stuff later on.

More
6 years 1 week ago #8939 by SpaceGeneral
Replied by SpaceGeneral on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund
If your mystery parts are from the orbital maneuvering system, and they are used parts, they could contain trace amounts of hydrazine. That would not be good. The best thing for you to do is pull those from your auction and do some investigating. Every part should be able to be traced to a particular shuttle. Better safe, and legal, then sorry.

Mark Saunders

More
6 years 1 week ago #8943 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Auction to Support the Bill Spadafora Fund

If your mystery parts are from the orbital maneuvering system, and they are used parts, they could contain trace amounts of hydrazine. That would not be good. The best thing for you to do is pull those from your auction and do some investigating. Every part should be able to be traced to a particular shuttle. Better safe, and legal, then sorry.

Mark Saunders

Thank you, Mark, for voicing your concerns. You are correct that trace hydrazine would be hazardous but these parts are clean. They were used in mock-ups but never in any live-fire tests.