× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Disapointed and Disillusioned no more

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #8766 by deangelo54
Disapointed and Disillusioned no more was created by deangelo54
This year we have had a number of launches cancelled, postponed, restricted or moved. For awhile I was thinking that maybe I need another hobby. Getting all excited for the upcoming launch only to be disapointed was emotionally draining. Then on October 21st I woke up early to a sunny, clear, warm morning. After all the disapointment and let downs, Christmas morning had finally arrived. I remember some of the past October launches in Amesbury being so windy that you couldn't put anything up without stressing wheather or not you would get your rocket back. Saturday was the perfect rocket day in all aspects. My enthusiasm and love of model rocketry was renewed. It all came back to me why I love this hobby. Even the hotdogs were better than ever. Plump dogs great rolls. Not to mention that cute woman collecting the money. Wer'e on to Berwick.

I noticed that the chute release system is gaining more popularity with each launch. Even some of the more accomplished level II rocketiers are abandoning their cans of black powder for the Jolly Logic. This works out well for people that are not able to store gun powder where they live. Next time you see that cashier at the hotdog stand, drop her a hint as to what to get her husband for Christmas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.