× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG - 3rd Event A Go For Saturday Sept. 9th!

More
6 years 7 months ago #8714 by Niteowl67
WEATHER DECISION: All the local TV news stations (Channels 4, 5, 7, & NECN) predict a "sunny day" for Saturday September 9th with temperatures in the upper 60's! Hurricane Irma is too far south to effect our local weather until perhaps the middle of next week. We are a go! The 3rd NORG Event is on schedule at the Gallows Hill Park in Salem, MA with the listed hours of 5:30 to 8:30 PM. Enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8715 by KennB
Even if you don't have lighted rockets, there will be time before dusk to fly some of your fleet. Then you can stick around to get inspiration to build something for next month's NORG launch.

This is a small field; literally, it is two baseball diamonds joined at the outfields. And I'm talking little league fields, not Yankee Stadium. Joe has a pretty nice set up with multiple pads so bring your rockets and your small motors and have some fun.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8720 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG - 3rd Event A Go For Saturday Sept. 9th!
Hey Kenn,

Thanks for the promo! The Gallows Hill is what I like to call an intimate venue. I've posted a "Weather Update" about the 3rd NORG Event -- small chance of some "sprinkles". As a reminder to those new to NORG, we do things a little different in that we allow you to do your own count down with your own controller and launch pad (I'll have a few NORG pads and controllers set up too!) under my direction as Flight Controller (and a Safety Check). Have fresh batteries and prepare to share if needed. For more details check out NORG's official website: www.niteowlrocketrygild.wordpress.com and look under the "Blog" section for updated posts. There will be a brief orientation prior to event. Please sign our Launch List and if you wish our Membership List (Free to Join!). Volunteers appreciated for set up and tear down -- please come early!

Sincerely,

Joe Majahad, NORG (NAR #799)