× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

RELOCATED - 12 August Launch at NARA Park in Acton

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #8684 by KennB
Our 12 August launch will be at NARA Park in Acton. This will be a low- and mid-power launch only. Here's another map of the park itself.

Parking will be in the Upper Field lots off of Quarry Road and we'll launch off of the soccer/ball field area. This isn't a big field; there are trees and a water hazard that could come into play depending on the wind direction.

Fliskits will be on site and we're checking on AMWProX.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by KennB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8686 by guyw
Like Acton Launches at the School Street field, is this a non-refundable fee with no Sunday alternate date, so likely to happen even with only slightly favorable weather?

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #8687 by KennB

Like Acton Launches at the School Street field, is this a non-refundable fee with no Sunday alternate date, so likely to happen even with only slightly favorable weather?

Jim Salem should confirm this is the case or not but right now, the long range forecast looks good for the 12th.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8688 by deangelo54
If it is a nice day I will attend as opposed to doing yard work. If it rains out I will attend because I can't do yard work if it is raining.

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #8690 by KennB
:dry: The weather reports aren't good for the morning but it seems it will clear at some point. We'll gather in the parking lots about 9:30 or so and watch the weather maps to see when we'll have some window of opportunity.

One way or another, we'll have some amount of launch time at NARA Park.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8695 by deangelo54
The August 12th launch at Nara Park was great. I launched A8-3s and B6-4s. The park is smaller than what we are used to but if you select your rockets and engines correctly you can have a fun day and keep your rockets on the field. Mid Power and HPR rockets are fun and challenging but it was the small stuff that originally captured my interest in model rocketry. This launch was like going back to my roots. You launch a few, relax under the canopy, have a hotdog and a drink and talk rockets with fellow rocketeers. What more can you ask for?