× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

08 July 2017 Launch in Acton

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #8659 by KennB
08 July 2017 Launch in Acton was created by KennB
Acton doesn't allow a rain date and the weather should be good in the early hours so we will be flying on the 8th for some period of time, at least.

Jason has a prior commitment to RIMRA for the day so, unless they scrub their launch, we won't have AMXProX on the field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #8660 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic 08 July 2017 Launch in Acton
There is a gallery set up for the 08 July launch in Acton. Post your pictures and maybe one of them will be used in the homepage article.

More
6 years 9 months ago #8661 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic 08 July 2017 Launch in Acton
I was surprised that the weather held out as long as it did. I don't know how many launches we normally have in Acton but I thought 143 this weekend was a good amount. Last night I literally went back to the drawing board to write up plans to replace the scratch build rocket that landed in the wires. I have everything I need except a Flis balsa nose cone and transition.

• jbuscaglia
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #8662 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic 08 July 2017 Launch in Acton
I was driving through Acton on Sunday, so I took a detour and drove past the field to see if the rockets had come down. They were still up there as of about noon.

More
6 years 9 months ago #8663 by deangelo54
Hi John, Thanks for checking out the rockets. Unless the electric company takes them down I think they will still be there on display when CMASS returns to Acton on July 22, 2017. With all the rain we have had since Saturday I'm sure the body tubes are a gonna. I still would like to get my rocket back for the chute, transition and just to take a few measurements for the replacement I am planning on building.

More
6 years 9 months ago #8665 by deangelo54
Fear not. Electrical wires can take my rocket but they can't take my dreams and ideas. Well maybe for awhile. Last night I was up until 1:30 AM working on the scratch build replacement rocket. I cut out the fins, completed the motor mount, cut out the fin slots and attached the Kevlar shock cord to the motor mount. All that is left is to complete the shock cord assembly, glue in the motor mount, attache the fins and launch lugs. Then the rocket should be ready for Berwick this weekend.