× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Google Maps Mis-identification

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #8634 by KennB
Google Maps Mis-identification was created by KennB
Some time ago when MMMSC started up, some well-intentioned person dropped a pin in Google Maps on the Berwick field. At that time, they said it was a CMASS field instead of MMMSC's field.

I've contacted Google about correcting this but to no avail. It seems the request has to come from the person who originally dropped the pin.

Recently, CMASS has been contacted a few times about rocketry and this field based on the pin ID. While that's not a big problem (I generally redirect the contact to Scott), it would be best if the field has the proper name.

If you are the good-hearted soul who pinned this in the first place, could you please have Google update the information? Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by KennB. Reason: completed sentance; spacing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #8636 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Google Maps Mis-identification
I've seen that CMASS pin too on the MMMSC field in Berwick. Not sure why google would not take corrections you might think over time there would be a lot of nonsense that could never been cleaned up. I guess they just don't want to get involved in the whole Wikipedia way of peer editing content.

You probably tried to submit "Suggest an edit". Did you attempt to "Claim this business" (or maybe Scott C could do that and insert the correct info if he gains control.)
-Alan
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.