× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

New York Power 21

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #8631 by deangelo54
New York Power 21 was created by deangelo54
My family and I went up to Geneseo for NY Power 21 during the Memorial Day Weekend. We saw some serious stuff up to 10K feet all the way down to Micro to the Max. Other than Robert and Gloria, I did not see any other familiar faces. There were MMMSC and CMASS people listed in the registration list but I never saw them. My two sons did some serious hiking at Letchworth State Park and saw a lot of wild life. Meanwhile I launched rockets and Linda was my right hand person. I am the Helen Keller of rocket spotters which is a why I'm lucky to have Linda with me. The people that run the MARS club do a good job. One thing I found interesting is that they don't use 1/4" rods because they feel they are unsafe. They prefer rail buttons. We have used 1/4" rods as long as I have been launching but when in Rome do as the Romans do. For $4.00 I got some buttons from Gloria, borrowed a cordless drill and with some 5 minute epoxy I was up and flying an hour later. So much for the 5 minutes advertised on the box of Zpoxy.

CMASS is the only club I have ever seen that uses the circle setup for anything less than an H engine. There are various reasons why the circle is such an efficient methodology. Did CMASS invent that? Why don't other clubs do it? It's fun to travel and launch with different clubs but after all is said and done, there's no place like CMASS. We have the best hotdogs by far.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by KennB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.