× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Aerotech Not Shiipping

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8582 by deangelo54
Aerotech Not Shiipping was created by deangelo54
I got on a few web sites looking to purchase some Aerotech composite single user motors and all three sites were out of stock. I called Hobbylinc and they said the problem is with Aerotech. I called Aerotech and they said they are having problems with their igniter vendor. They may not ship until end of April or beginning of May.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crazy Jake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #8587 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Aerotech Not Shiipping
Frank

I have no first hand knowledge on the AT shipping status however Wildman's Black Friday specials have backlogged AT for the past few years. I would not be surprised if this years Wildman order takes 3 months to fill!

While it may be great for Wildman, it's really bad for the hobby. Do a Google search for the motors you want and see what vendors have what ins stock.

Bob

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 week ago #8590 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Aerotech Not Shiipping
Bob,

My engine needs from AT are simple. I fly their singe use F42-4 and E20-4 engines. Anything bigger than that I get Cessseroni reloads from Jason. If I can't get the AT E and F engines I need I will look at Jason's pink list and find equivalent Cesseroni reloads. If you or anyone know which Cesseroni reloads are compatible with the AT engines I use it will be much appreciated.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 days ago #8602 by deangelo54
I checked some additional web sites over the weekend and Aerotech engines are still on back order. I checked the Estes site and they do have a few composite engines that they list as shipping. Keep in mind that Estes does not include ignitors. They sell those Sonic ignitors but they do not work very well. By the time you pay full price and the hazmat fee your'e better of getting motors from AMW. Plus you support our vendor that attends all the launches.

More
7 years 2 days ago #8603 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Aerotech Not Shiipping
A Pro24-1G case is the same size as an AT E20 case. The Pro24 24E22 SS is the closest motor with the proper delay.

A Pro29-1G case is the same size as an AT F42 case. The Pro29 41F36 SS is close, and others would work equally well.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #8605 by deangelo54
Bob,

Thank you for the advice. It is certainly very helpful. It's good to know that there are compatible motors that I can purchase at the field. Another Aerotech motor I use is a 29mm G80-7. Total impulse is 136.7 NS, Avg Thrust 77.6 N with a burn time of 1.70 seconds. This would be for a 3lb 7 oz rocket. That is the Standard Missile II I used for my L1 certification. What Cesseroni Pro29 do you recommend as being compatible? Thank you in advance for your help. Hope to see you 4-22-17 in Amesbury.