× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG - Weather Apr. 8, Field Update, & Volunteers Needed

  • Joseph Majahad
  • Joseph Majahad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
1 year 1 month ago #8578 by Joseph Majahad
WEATHER APRIL 8th (9th?): The local TV news stations' 7 Day Forecasts for Channels 4, 5, & 7 seem to indicate there will be some precipitation on Saturday April 8th the first NORG Event at The Gallows Hill Park. NECN's 10 Day Forecast is indicating Sunday April 9th (our rain date) is also inclement. A DECISION FOR CANCELLATION(S) WILL BE MADE WEDNESDAY APRIL 5TH!

FIELD UPDATE: The condition of the park was wet/soggy on March 30th prior to the April Fool's Storm. With that precipitation and the coming rain, plan on it being a wet field if we are not rained out. Also, there are some construction vehicles and materials taking up 4-5 spaces at the adjacent parking lot. Furthermore, the 30 spaces have not been lined (too early in season or budget cut?). Please plan accordingly.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We could use 2-3 people to help with field set up and field break down. Until we get the system down and dust off the cobwebs, there will be a learning curve on how to set up the "Rope Ring". We've allotted the half hour at each end of the events for set up/break down. Also, depending on event turn out an experienced CMASS member may be needed temporarily for the model rocket safety check.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Upcoming Events



Weather forecast by: