× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Lincoln Labs TARC team looking for a NAR Observer this Sunday @ 10AM

• jcsalem
  • jcsalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #8548 by jcsalem
Hi folks,

The Lincolnn Labs TARC team is looking to do a qualification flight this Sunday (March 26) at 10AM in Acton. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this weekend and they are looking for a NAR member to observe their launch.

Let me know if you'd be interested in helping out this team. No TARC experience necessary.

Jim
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by jcsalem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8549 by guyw
Are they planning to launch from School street, Wetherbee St land or somewhere else? I can be available if no one else closer responds.

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #8550 by KennB
There will be at least one group at the School Street field on Saturday, maybe two.Bob has his CAP group meeting him there and I'm going to show, too. Science Club for Girls may show up. the plan is to start around 10:30.

Right after I posted this, I got an email from the SCfG that they will be launching in Sudbury on Sunday. I'll try to find out if the Lincoln Lab team could meet up with them.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by KennB.

• jcsalem
  • jcsalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8555 by jcsalem
Thanks Kenn and Guy!

I sent an email to their coordinator (Paul Devlin) and CC'd both of you, so you can coordinate.

Jim

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8557 by KennB
Guy and I got to Sudbury today to time and witness the teams from Lincoln Labs, Lexington HS, and the Science Club for Girls. The SCfG brought along Zack from the MIT Rocket Club to be their NAR witness and he help us with the timing and advising.
There were a few practice flights and many qualifying flights. No DQs and some pretty good scores.
I'm sure we'll still have a number of teams coming to our launch on the 1st so come and help if you can.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8559 by paul.devlin
A huge THANK YOU to Guy and Kenn for helping us all out.... Jim too! You made it 'easy' for the kids to get in their qualifying flights.

All the Best,
Paul