× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG - Park Permit Progress

More
7 years 1 month ago #8527 by Niteowl67
NORG - Park Permit Progress was created by Niteowl67
Hello Gang:

Here is the latest news on the upcoming NORG events this year. As of February 21st we got unanimous (5 of 5) approval from the City of Salem, MA Park Board Members in attendance during their monthly meeting allowing four (4) NORG events (Apr. 8th, May 6th, Sep. 9th, and Oct. 7th). However, there were 3 provisions to final approval:

1) Proof of NAR Section Insurance renewal.
2) No interference with Baseball Scheduled at the Gallows Hill Park.
3) Approval by the Fire Marshal of the City of Salem.

With the help of the NAR President himself (John Hochheimer), I was able to send an e-mail copy of NORG's section insurance renewal directly to the Superintendent of Park, Recreation, and Community Service on March 3rd. On March 6th, I followed up an e-mail to the Fire Marshal back on February 22nd and cc'd a copy of same to the Park & Rec Superintendent. We are waiting to hear back from both officials and hopefully we will get the needed Park Permit before the April 8th event.

This is an exciting time. Not only are these the first official NORG events in years but also marks the inauguration of NORG as NAR Section #799. As such, this is an opportunity to build an organization from the ground up, cement old traditions. create new traditions, and have an imprint on creating a new organization. As I expressed in the Park Board Meeting, the first two of the four events will be free for participants and these events should be considered as a "membership drive". All those interested in becoming a member will simply have to sign the membership list. As I also expressed to the Park Board, the cost of membership dues will be voted on during our Summer break as well as electing club officers and ratifying a club charter to be sent off to NAR HQ.

It might seem early to some but I'd like those who want to contribute to the success and continuity of NORG to think about running for the traditional club officers needed to keep an organization running and meeting it's obligations. We need to elect the traditional administrative officers of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Also I'd like to suggest the election and/or volunteer positions of what I call "amenities officers": Representative (a position currently held by yours truly), Webmaster, Club Photographer, and Promotions & Education Chief. A minimum requirement for these positions is to be age 21+ and located on the North Shore for proximity to events and meetings. Being an NAR or CMASS member is a bonus but not a necessity. For those interested you can submit a 3 x 5 index card or postcard briefly explaining what position you are interested in and what your qualifications are for the office you seek via "Snail Mail": NORG, Post Office Box 855, Salem, MA 01970; or you can contact me at the official NORG website (still under construction): www.niteowlrocketrygild.wordpress.com and correspond with me via the comment section. At a later date these "Officer Election" descriptions could be posted on the website for a vote or included in a member mass mailing packet. In advance, I thank you for your interest and support of NORG. Above all let's have safe fun with model rocketry!

Sincerely,

Joseph N. Majahad, Representative
Nite Owl Rocketry Gild (NAR Section #799)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.