× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Thank you flight crew 26-Jul-2014 Acton MA

• alan
  • alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7406 by alan
Please help out at the launch in Acton Saturday 26-Jul-2014 for one hour (or more) as LCO, RSO, or Food Service. Details and sign up sheet are here .

This launch is moved to Acton. If you signed up, please update your availability.

Thank you for paying forward.
-Alan
Revision B
///
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #7407 by billspad
It's more important than usual that people sign up. John B. and I will be at NARAM and Bob will he herding CAP people.

More
9 years 8 months ago #7408 by guyw
I'll be at my Brother's annual pig roast, so I won't be there either. I'll try and remember to get a pitcure of the pig!

• alan
  • alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7409 by alan
Two volunteers needed to sign up for Food Service to cook and serve hot dogs please.

Details and sign up sheet are here .
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by alan.

More
9 years 8 months ago #7411 by stewpots
I'm a new member and would like to volunteer, but a few questions.

1) Where can I find directions to the Amesbury field/parking? It seems there is a parking area and then a shuttle to the field?

2) Is there any "training" necessary for shuttle driving, other than the capability to drive standard? I can drive standard and would gladly volunteer for the shuttle driver work.

3) Can one walk to the field from the parking area, or is it simply to far or unsafe, etc?

I have a family interested in watching the launch as well, anything unique they need to know for this site?

Thanks,

Scot

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #7412 by KennB

I'm a new member and would like to volunteer, but a few questions.

1) Where can I find directions to the Amesbury field/parking? It seems there is a parking area and then a shuttle to the field?

2) Is there any "training" necessary for shuttle driving, other than the capability to drive standard? I can drive standard and would gladly volunteer for the shuttle driver work.

3) Can one walk to the field from the parking area, or is it simply to far or unsafe, etc?

I have a family interested in watching the launch as well, anything unique they need to know for this site?

Thanks,

Scot

Hi Scot,

Thanks for looking into volunteering, especially for driving the shuttle. To your questions:

1) In the Main Menu column, the Directions tab will open a page that has a link to the directions to the Amesbury field. It shows the address as 213 Lion's Mouth Road but it might be a little further out of town than that. Like the directions say, look for the lion statue by the correct driveway. There will likely be signs for the soccer folks at this driveway.

2) No special training for driving the shuttle. As you've noted, it is a manual transmission but other than that, it's just driving slowly and being available at the field and the lot as people need the ride.

3) It's about a half-mile walk from the parking lot to the launch area with hills up and down but is not too bad a walk. The requirement to drive slowly (5 mph) makes the walk only slightly longer than the ride. The shuttle will only carry people; if they have stuff to bring to the field, they can drive it (slowly) out there, drop it off and return their car to the parking lot.

For your friends coming to watch, they should bring whatever they need for seating comfort, sunscreen and extra activities if they have small children. The club has hot dogs, drinks and snacks for sale at the field. If they want anything a little healthier, they should bring that along, too.

Keep an eye on the website; the schedule may have to change due to haying conditions at the field. We should know better by Thursday.