× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Launch Status

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #9211 by Kenn Blade
Conditions have not improved.

We'll delay again and see if we can get a break in the weather in December.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #9212 by Frank DeAngelo
Some days we fly, some days it rains. That my friends is rocketry.

• John P. Petrakis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #9235 by John P. Petrakis
I don't suppose the Amesbury field can drain itself of water in three days... the windy forecast looks *really* good wind-wise.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #9236 by Frank DeAngelo
I love your enthusiasm but it's kind of short notice. I don't know about Amesbury but in Revere we have this abandoned little league part that looks like a water shed refuge preserve. Every time I drive by it on the way to work it looks like the water level is higher than it was the day before.

I must be having rocketry withdrawal symptoms. After the Cowboys vs Saints game I started looking over my flight logs from the past years launches. The good news is that my plus/minus for 2018 is a +6. I built eight new rockets and only lost two. Hmmmm, so that's what I do with my spare time!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Frank DeAngelo.

• John P. Petrakis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #9237 by John P. Petrakis
Yeah very short notice indeed. I've been thinking of going to some field and flying stuff until I get kicked off...

Not likely to occur, though!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by John P. Petrakis.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #9241 by Frank DeAngelo
I used to go to the old Tewksbury launch site during bye weekends until they reconfigured the field. I used to go to the Revere High School filed until I put a rocket in a telephone wire. I have gone to Kennedy Fields in Peabody to fly A's and B's. I tried my Chaser on a C6-5 and it ended up in a tree. I also take the boys there to fly their drone. This is probably a good time of year to go there because soccer season is over. I try to maintain a low profile so as to not draw attention to myself. I did see another dad there one time with his son. I waited for him to leave before I setup.