× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Launch Status

• Howard Greenblatt
  • Howard Greenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #5273 by Howard Greenblatt
Information about the next upcoming launch will be posted here.

Please note: After the launch this thread will be cleared out for the next launch so if you want to post anything permanent, please start a new thread.

Thanks!

============================================================
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Bill Spadafora.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #9544 by Kenn Blade
Our next club launch is coming up on 20 July in Acton. This is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing and man's first step on that surface. If you have anything Apollo 11 or Saturn V related, this would be the time to show it off. No doubt we'll see a lot of black and white rockets going up. As suggested by NAR, we will be holding a "Land the Eagle" contest thanks to Frank DeAngelo; see his forum thread about that.

As is our custom, set up will begin about 9:30 and flying will commence when we are set to go. The day will end at 4 PM or sooner. If you can help out setting up or breaking down, please do so; you get a much better feeling of flying satisfaction if you pitch in. Also, any NAR members who want to can volunteer for a shift or two at Launch Control or Safety Check - use the sign-up sheet to reserve your spot.

There will be a debriefing meal at a local restaurant immediately following the loading of the trailer.

Remember, Acton is a small field so chose your rocket/motor combination for the conditions when you launch to ensure you get your rocket back. High power motors are not allowed. We don't get a make-up day if the weather is bad so keep an eye on the home page for any last minute cancellations. We now have a better set up for less than ideal weather conditions (Thanks, Guy) so, unless it is forecast to make flights impossible, we'll put something up in the air and hit the restaurant early.

SPECIAL NOTICE: The weather predictions are showing hot, humid weather much like we had on the 6th. Use plenty of sunscreen and stay hydrated.

More
2 months 2 days ago #9547 by Kenn Blade
We've got one person to sign up on the volunteer list to help out with lunch.

How about some people signing up for Safety and Launch duty? It's going to be a hot day and I can guarantee that no one person will work either of those stations all day even with the canopy.

More
2 months 2 days ago #9548 by Todd Lainhart
I'll sign up as RSO - I hope that it didn't go unnoticed that that there were no fatalities on my watch.

Seriously, I'm concerned about the heat, and folks staying healthy in the conditions predicted (100 degrees). I know that I won't last the duration of the launch under those conditions.

More
2 months 2 days ago #9550 by Kenn Blade
Everyone remember, you have to hit the Submit button at the bottom of the page when you sign up to volunteer.