× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Lost and Found / Bounty Hunters

More
13 years 5 months ago #4576 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Trailer Transport
Marsfire wrote:

Bill, very glad to hear you are out of forced medical confinement. Just wondering but short of contracting LD, how did scratching a bug bite put you in the hospital? Also, are we planning a CMASS anniversary launch still, or did I already miss it?

Andrew

It was a matter of bad luck. Mosquito bites don\'t heal instantly. The mosquito secretes an anticoagulant so it can suck your blood and that\'s what makes it itchy. If you scratch it enough you have an open wound. There are plenty of bacteria on you skin. If the right one happens to be there when you scratch the bite it has a way in. You\'d think that wouldn\'t happen often but the guy in the bed next to me had exactly the same problem except it was in his arm. I got the bug bite last Wednesday night, it swelled Thursday and I called for a doctors appointment which I got on Friday A.M. If it was early in the week they would have given me antibiotic pills and just watched hoping to avoid a hospital say. Since it was Friday they sent me for a CT scan to see how big the infected area was and gave me the option of going to the hospital or trying the pills. However, the way the doctor worded it, she made it clear that I would most likely end up in the ER anyway.

On to a more pleasant subject, yes we plan to have an anniversary launch which will be a regular launch with cake. We need to figure out which one it will be so I guess we should do that Tuesday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4579 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:by laws
KennB wrote:

...Crawl spaces and Jeffries tubes sound more likely but why take chances? ...

OK, yea.... It took a while for the reference to register. The question is does Bill use postitive or negative polarity on the magnetic probe to seal the breach in the matter/antimatter flow? And, does his Mass. plumbers license and Gene Roddenberry authorize him to do so?

More
13 years 5 months ago #4581 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:by laws
alan wrote:

The question is does Bill use postitive or negative polarity on the magnetic probe to seal the breach in the matter/antimatter flow? And, does his Mass. plumbers license and Gene Roddenberry authorize him to do so?

I use duct tape.

• HotRod Lincoln
  • HotRod Lincoln's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #4589 by HotRod Lincoln
Replied by HotRod Lincoln on topic Re:Lost and Found / Bounty Hunters
Bump! Lost rockets

Just a reminder if anyone trips over my rocket this weekend.

..... and only the use of shinny chrome Duct Tape is Roddenberry authorized.