× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

September 18th Launch

• HPRnut
  • HPRnut's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4418 by HPRnut
September 18th Launch was created by HPRnut
Who is going? I am hoping for some good weather next week.

I have three flights planned for the 18th.

First up will be the return of my I-ROC. I will be flying it single deploy to test the repairs that were made after that \"lovely\" recovery back in April. I cut out the zipper and filled it with epoxy with a layer of fiberglass over that. The flight will be on an I161.

The next flight will be \"El Destructo\". This one hasn\'t flown since LDRS 28 and will be flying on my first Pro 38 motor, a G115 White Thunder with a 9 second delay.

The last flight that I have planned is my Black Brant II on a H123 with a 10 second delay. It has been 2 years since I have flown it, and it should be a great flight.

All three flights will be dedicated to the men and women who lost their lives on 9/11.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4419 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Re:September 18th Launch
Hi,

My son and I will be attending. We have ...

-- \"The Mini Cluster of Doom\" a 6 x C6 cluster knock-off one of Boris\' larger beasts.

-- My L1 attempt #2 with a.k.a the Crayon. Someone can give me a parachute folding lesson this time.

-- A pair of Fliskits Long Overdue to drag race

-- A new Fliskits Deuce

-- A Fliskits Nantucket Sound

And ...

If I am successful on my L1, an Upscale Deuce that will go up on a cluster of two G motors (also contingent that I finish assembling it this week).:woohoo:

Curtis

More
13 years 7 months ago #4421 by dostergaard
Replied by dostergaard on topic Re:September 18th Launch
Hi,

I would like to attend with my son. I\'ve never been to an organized launch and I have a few questions.
  • Is there somewhere I can find info on the procedures or how things are done? ( I saw the Range Etiquette thread but that seems to be a discussion of what to publish.)
  • Are there any fees?
  • Is membership in CMASS required?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Dean

More
13 years 7 months ago #4422 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:September 18th Launch
dostergaard wrote:

Hi,

I would like to attend with my son. I\'ve never been to an organized launch and I have a few questions.

• Is there somewhere I can find info on the procedures or how things are done? ( I saw the Range Etiquette thread but that seems to be a discussion of what to publish.)

• No although that\'s something we need to add. Basically just follow the parking directions and bring your rockets and engines and we\'ll explain the rest.

• Are there any fees?

• Usually there is but since Fliskits is covering the field use fee for the 9/18 launch there won\'t be any.

• Is membership in CMASS required?

• No but we\'d love to have you join. You should consider joining the NAR too.

More
    13 years 7 months ago #4423 by dostergaard
    Replied by dostergaard on topic Re:September 18th Launch
    Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to it!

Dean

• rockettestingmonkeyman
    • User is blocked
    • User is blocked
    More
    13 years 7 months ago #4435 by rockettestingmonkeyman
    Replied by rockettestingmonkeyman on topic Re:September 18th Launch
    I am planning on attending repaired the lighthouse and rebuilt the lost 29MM motor mount for the rhino! and wind permitting will attempt a level 1 qual with the wildman jr on a H!!

congrats to all the officers of the club for being reelected to continue on with the greatness that is CMASS!!!!!!