× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Acton Day this Sunday

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4414 by hgreenblatt
Acton Day this Sunday was created by hgreenblatt
CMASS will have a booth at this year\'s Acton Day at NARA park in Acton MA. this Sunday, Sept 12 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Here\'s the flyer for the event: Acton Day

So far Jim Salem, Kenn Blade and myself (Howard) will be manning the booth and if the circumstances and weather permit, also launching some demo rockets.

Additional volunteers would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested please respond to this thread.

Thanks - it should be a fun time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4415 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Acton Day this Sunday
Jim, I\'ve got the banner, the TARC launch controller, a tripod with pad-head, all the 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 inch rods, a battery pack and a back-up battery, the club\'s spare rockets and many A, B & C motors. There are some flyers, too.

A table and chairs would be great. The club EZ Up wouldn\'t fit in my car so I\'ll bring mine.

And for those who would be interested in helping out, we\'ll likely go to Not Your Average Joe\'s afterward.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4417 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Re:Acton Day this Sunday
I should be able to make it, at least for part of the time.

John B

More
13 years 7 months ago #4427 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Re:Acton Day this Sunday
This was a fun event. CMASS had an eazy-up on top of the hill between the soccer field and the amphitheater with two launch pads set up on the soccer field.

Jim Salem, Howard Greenblatt, Kenn Blade and I had a great time manning the booth, meeting people and launching rockets. We had probably somewhat more than 100 folks stop by during the 4 1/2 hour we were there. Entertainment was provided a USAF traveling band from Texas.

Bob

More
13 years 7 months ago #4428 by jcsalem
Replied by jcsalem on topic Re:Acton Day this Sunday
Really fun day. The launches were very popular. The crowd would\'ve been happy with at least twice as many.

The field is around Tewksbury size.

We\'ll get some more advanced notice next year.